Sunday, June 28, 2015

Third Week of Summer of Color5

This week Kristin gave us 2 purples and 1 yellow for our Color By Number prompt for Summer of Color 5.  Details are on her blog HERE.

Once again, I experimented with my Gelli Plate, this being the third time to use it.  For some reason, this time seemed a bit more challenging.  I did learn that yellow and purple make yuck, even when drying between layers.

Here is one of the prints which I'll save for another day.  This one has a real cool vibe going for it.



I watched this video.  I liked the idea of pressing textures/designs into the gelli plate.  But when I pressed my paper into the plate, I didn't get much of the imprint. Gonna have to practice!



I remember Carolyn Dube, in one of her recent videos, used strips of paper on her page.  I decided I would use those strips that I tried to imprint with.  After all, they had the pattern and the paint on them!  Thereby, creating another hybrid Gelli Plate print.

I decided to try to complete this particular print as an actual 8x8" journal page.  I love the weekly color quotes we're getting from Kristin so I incorporated this week's into the page.



Materials:
Delta Creamcoat Enchanted (pale purple)
USArtQuest Perfect Pigment Purple Mist
Daler Rowney Simply Acrylic Lemon Yellow
Copic Y17 Golden Yellow
Gecko Galz digital images butterfly and crown; fairy from Beauty Unveiled;
Stampin' Up embossing folder
Stampin' Up butterfly die/embossing folder
Tim  Holtz lace stencil

Entering this in Gecko Galz Papercrafters Face Book challenges:  July challenge Summer Fairies

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece for SOC, Valerie

jane stillman said...

A beautiful page. Gorgeous image and I love the splashes of yellow

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Beautiful journal page Helene!

Deepti said...

So pretty!

Ann said...

This is so pretty. Love how you added the strips of paper. By the way, I just posted a creation with a stamp set I made that I got from the Etsy Certificate I won from your blog during the last coffee hop. I mentioned you today in my post and shared your blog address for other hoppers. I hope you can stop by and see the card I made. Crafty hugs to you.

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album