Sunday, December 11, 2011

Getting in the Holiday Spirit

Here are the things I made today at the Prairie Art Stamps holiday open house: 

A few comments about these items (if you click on the photo, the picture is enlarged to better see some of these details):

1) the green ornament is a die cut covered with Elizabeth Craft Glitter.  I learned that I can color glitter with markers.  If you look closely, you'll see some silver trim--Starform Stickers from Holland.  Products were flying off the shelves and the silver was already gone but I bought 3 packs of gold designs.  Love this stuff.  Finer than german scrap and the "sticker" part means no glue needed so I'm anxious to work with this on some projects. 


2) the mini clipboard is made with a thin plywood ATC and metal clip.  The papers are Graphic 45.  I found some wood ATCs at Hobby Lobby so I don't have to send the dh out into the cold garage to cut some ATCs for me.  
 
3) the gingerbread man is corrugated cardboard on top of cardstock.  I got to try some new products including the white distress stain.  I ended up getting the last Tim Holtz die for the pine cone and leaf.  I loved the flower Tim showed as part of his tag tutorial so I can't wait to make more pine cones and flowers.

4) it was back to the sewing machine for me--the zigzag stitch on this adorable card.  I don't sew and always go into a panic when sent to the machine, but I think it turned out pretty well.  This card included fussy cutting and coloring with Copics.


Now I need to work with these.  Maybe make that gingerbread man into a tag and add another pine cone.  Add some Stickles and snow to the card.  Bling up the ATC.  Etc.  Both the ATC clipboard and the Gingerbread man also are decorated on the back side.


I also had some tasty holiday treats and am hoping to get the recipes.

6 comments:

Sandi McLean said...

Sounds and looks like you had a delightful day! I adore El's craft stickers (we call them peel offs here). Hugs,

Unknown said...

Get out! One can COLOR glitter?! What kind of markers; just any old one you have lying around?

Beautiful work, as always!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful ornaments! Valerie

Silvia(Barnie) said...

You've created wonderful Christmas pieces.

Anonymous said...

Great pieces! Must have been a ton of fun!

Micupoftea said...

Nice variety, Helene...love the gingerbread man...so sweet...no pun intended! :)

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album