Friday, December 16, 2011

Gingerbread Money Holder

This money holder features the Scrap Cake Cozy Christmas paper collection found at the Flying Unicorn on line store and was published in the December issue of the Flying Unicorn Enchanting Creations on-line magazine. 

I recycled some cardboard to use for the base.  I distressed some background paper by tearing and inking with Ranger tea dye Distress Ink.  This paper line is from Poland where fussy cutting is a real art form.  I fussy cut the gingerbread men, the doily trim along the bottom and the doily and heart on the apron.  I put my white Glaze pen to work decorating the heart and gingerbread men. The chipboard utensils are from Maya Road.  The apron pattern is from Mirkwood Designs.  I positioned the apron on the cardboard in such a way that the neck ribbon serves double duty as the "hanger" for this little creation. 

We have many challenges going on right now in the Flying Unicorn Forum.  One is called Play It Again Sam.  The cardboard would qualify for that challenge.  Another is called Tis the Season to Be Tearing and that is where I'll post this for inspiration.  I should plug my own challenge called Picture This, using images from our own picture gallery. So create something and post it in the Challenges area of the Flying Unicorn Forum.  Each challenge offers an amazing prize, always won by random draw. 

21 comments:

Jingle said...

This is fabulous! So cute!

Melissa Ann Goodwin said...

That is adorable!Very clever, and I love the choice of patterns. Bravo!

Lynn Stevens said...

Is that ever cute Helene. It really put a smile on my face. Such a clever holder for $ or a gift card!
Hugs Lynn

1CardCreator said...

I love this Helene! This is the cutest I've seen!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love this! Valerie

Lili Sulastri said...

Lovely creation.

Willy said...

Funny piece!

Sharon said...

This is fantastic Helene!!!

Terry said...

Oh this is just as sweet as gingerbread! Love this!

Michele said...

totally cool! what a great piece! xo

Micupoftea said...

Oh, how cute and whimsical! Love the apron~

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh, Helene, this is totally adorable--WOW! and I love your blog design and this great music--so Christmasy here!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
XO
Cindy
P.S. I have to sing along! lol

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a fantastic idea, looks really wonderful.

Marjie Kemper said...

This is so sweet! Love your gingerbread men and the apron.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling holiday project! I love the apron!

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Helene,
Thanks so much for coming to visit!!! Oh...I love this blog--it is so merry!!!
XO
Cindy

Clare Lloyd said...

a really wonderful project and just so festive. x

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. x

Sugar Lump Studios said...

oh my goodness! this is the most darling project! sooo sweet! :) I hope you have a wonderful Holiday season and many blessings in 2012! Love your art! :)

Sandi McLean said...

Oh I am in love with this one Helene! I just may have to lift for a sister who is crazy for gingerbread men!

Starr said...

Oh my gosh, adorable and yes, like Sandi I must lift. It's just to cute not to share!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album